Biscotti, the love of my life. Truly, this little sugary rusk-type biscuit is life, and I have the easiest recipe to make them at home!
You will need:
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sliced, blanched almonds
- Preheat the oven to moderate (around 180C)
- Whisk sugar, eggs and rind together in a bowl.
- Stir in sifted flour, baking powder and nuts, mix into a sticky dough
- Divide dough into two portions and roll each portion into a 20cm log
- Place on a greased baking tray, bake in oven for about 35 min until lightly browned.
- Cool on tray for 10 minutes, reduce oven heat to 70C
- Using a serated knife, cut logs diagonally into 1cm slices
- Place slices in a single layer on the baking tray and bake in oven for 25min until dry and crisp, turning them halfway.