I think Autumn is my spirit season.
I love the chill in the air in the mornings and evenings, the fact that the sun is still warm and the days are still reasonably filled with daylight, and the food!
Gorgeous, winter warming comfort food! I try to ignore my waistline in the colder months and blame it on the need for extra energy to eat lovely comfort food.
I posted on my insta stories about the frikkadels recipe, and tonight I added home made dumplings. They are quite dense and super filling so I’d only add them to your dish or stew if you need it feed the five thousand, I halved the recipe for our evening meal as we are only two, but they are my hubby’s absolute favourite, so I scored big points.
You will need
- 2.5 cups self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 250ml butter (don’t use margarine)
- 160ml water
- Mix flour and salt together.
- Rub in butter.
- Add enough water to make a workable dough.
- Shape into golf balls and place ontop of the stew.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 30min until the dumplings are cooked.